Sunday 9 June 2013

What its all about.

If you know me you will know by now that I do some work on the side for Sony Mobile GB.

 I am part of their Test Lab team which is used to get opinions by average consumers like myself on their current products, it is my job to give honest feedback and share my experiences to them so they can use it constructively in their business.
 I was given this opportunity over Facebook about two years ago after spending a lot of my time on the Sony Mobile GB's Facebook page, after complaining and arguing with others about the direction of Sony and the issues I have had with my Sony phones.
I was sent an inbox message in which I very nearly deleted because it looked like just another one of those inbox messages you tend to ignore.  For some reason I checked it and replied and boom, it was genuin. So I was invited down to Iris in London to be introduce to many others who were chosen like me to be a part of the Sony Test Lab. 
The rest is history. 

The Test Lab has been a fantastic experience for me and I have met some incredible people who id like to think id keep in touch with even if it ended. I have learned so much about the mobile industry and have been treated to many great nights out in London in the process too!
Sony invite us down to London every 3 months (though it doesnt always work out that way) to sit through meetings and learn about what Sony is doing, how they operate and where they are headed in the future. They collect feedback from us on anything we have to say and let us handle some of their products. 
We are usually then treated to a phone, a meal, drinks and a hotel for the night. Its all very fun and I love being a part of it. Especially since I love talking tech with people and now I can do it in a way which can help others, but not only others but particularly Sony, as I have been such a massive fan of their products for years.

Here is some of the Test Lab a few years back before we went out on the town in Covent Gardens. 

I have decided to do this blog mainly because I am expected to leave feed back on my experienced with some of the Sony products I have been sent and I was getting very tired of using Facebook Notes which really isnt very good at letting me express myself properly. 
Dont be fooled, this isnt just about Sony. I will be sharing with you all sorts of stuff in my life (lucky you lol). Though this will be dominated by Sony related stuff I will probably end up sharing, ranting and expressing my feelings on things which I consider important.

Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment