Sunday 9 June 2013

Xperia P camera (August 2012)

Though I am very impressed that Sony decided to have a near instant capture on its new camera. I have noticed that the stabilizers on the camera do not work as well when taking a photo from sleep. Not only that but the flash never comes on. Needless to say I think I am expecting too much immediately with the flash as it takes  a few seconds to power up but the stabilizers are a different story but this could be something for them to work on in the future. I am finding myself just using the camera as I did with the Xperia Pro rather than using the instant capture because I am finding that photos (especially of my toddler son) are coming out blurred as he moves around so much. Aka, its no good for action shots.

The camera is of good quality. People on reviews have been amazed by the results of the 8 megapixel Sony camera in reviews. I was  impressed too until I done a few tests. When looking at the photo I had just taken on the marvelous White Magic screen the photos look much better, but when they are uploaded on to a computer and compared to the Xperia Pros 8 megapixel camera, there isn't much difference, if any. 

My predictions were correct on the instant capture getting slower as time went on. Though I will say that the time difference isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe this is down to the dual core processor, maybe not. Who knows. 

I have said it before and I will say it again. The Exmor R, as far as I can see, makes no difference in low light situations. I have little way of comparing it with a Sony phone which doesn't have it as I do not have my old c905 or Vivaz anymore but I am still getting pretty poor results in low light. Which leads me on to my final point...

I have given up all hope on ever seeing an Xenon flash ever again. I have heard rumors of a 13 megapixel Sony phone coming out soon. I'm afraid its going to be just the same results as the Xperia S, though probably the best results around other than Nokia, they still weren't what I was hoping for. Can we please have a cybershot or camera primary phone please? Sony has the technology to do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment